1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

How to change trusses

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

How can I change trusses that are full of fixtures to a different brand with the same length? Or how do I change e.g. 2 x 5 meter pieces of truss with 4 x 2,5 meter pieces of truss?
    It seems that the only way to do this is to draw the new truss next to the old one and drag each fixture over, delete the old truss and move the new truss to the old position. This seems quite a bit of work.
    Maybe there could be a function like change fixtures?

Xavier78 likes this.
  2. ShaunC

ShaunC Member

Lots of us end up drawing two runs of pipe and hanging fixtures on that. Becomes painful for top chord hangs, not accidentally hanging some fixtures on truss with the pipes so close etc.

Most users would appreciate a truss swap feature. It's been mentioned numerous times on the Wyg Facebook Group as well. All the positioning data is in there for fixtures and truss. Centre-chord truss like PRT, F45 or Tri Truss would need to choose a chord when swapping to traditional box.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

If it were just for hanging purposes I can imagine the trick with the extra pipe works. In this case I have to have my truss count and hanging data absolutely correct, because it is a rather large installation. Also the riggers are going work from the same Wyg drawing.

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

We will try to consider this for one of this year's releases, but I of course can't guarantee that it will/can be done. Even if it were possible, it would probably only work for straight truss (i.e. not curved) which doesn't "turn" via corner blocks. ... But I'm assuming that would cover most, if not all of your needs.

Floriaan likes this.
  5. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

This would be a great feature if possible. would make updating or revisions easier, faster.
    The pipe idea is a work around but find I end up with issues on job site as it's more prone to fixtures landing on truss joints and or apex's. I rather know the issue up front and have a workaround in place if needed.