1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Wyg requests or things I might not have sussed yet!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Fulgor, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Hi,
    With the above I mean the offset between the spots on the pipe as shown in data. ( which will act the same as units, but unfortunatly cannot be edited in data)
    I've allways found it a bit of a missed chance that one cannot change this behaviour per user.

2. motiaroshas

motiaroshas Member

hello.
    1. I suggest an easy way to create seats and stairs at the Hall, that we can determine the angle a number of steps and size of seats to create a simulation of a real concert hall.

2. when you connect truss togther the defult must be that thay all connect in the same position.
    3. It would be nice if I could automatically get the weight hanging on each position.
    4. An easy way to spread fixture equal on round truss.
    thank you.
    moti.

3. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Agreed - it helped that the truss axis got visible a couple of releases ago, but you could add a QuickConnect which auto rotates. It's a pain to add three pieces of truss from left to right, and then finding out that you need to add one more to the left. Then the orientation of the most left truss is probably wrong.

Can't remember if you can do that, however I would add that as many of the library elements has a weight of "0 kgs", it would be nice to be able to add known weight values.

A quick fix could be that you make an arc or circle at the same spot at the truss and convert it into pipes. Then adding your fixtures on the pipes in stead. Have used that a couple of times to save som time if I didn't know the sort of truss I had from the warehouse.

4. Sharon

Sharon New Member

Hi David-

the floorplan thing I could not agree more. Often super accuracy is not particularly important for something I want to show underneath. This is a sort of horrible workaround, but I use it a lot. In the layout view import an image that is your floorplan. Insert that on your drawing, and then send it to the back. Make the fill colour of your plot no fill, and the floorplan will show up underneath. The horrible part is sizing it and moving it around to make it fit. (I often leave a little border around the edge to make grabbing and moving the floorplan around easier)