1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Export to excel 2007 worksheet

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I tried to export my patch to an Excel 2007 worksheet (.xlsx), but it doesn't produce a file that excel can read. I unchecked the 'Export patch with leading zeros' box.

It does work if you use the older file format (.xls)

2. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | VP, Product | CAST Software

Hi Floriaan,

I tried to reproduce this issue with R35 and could not... I successfully exported the DATA>Spreadsheet to .xlsx format with and without leading zeros, and both files opened without error with MS Excel. I used the Touring Rock Show sample file. Perhaps you can also try with this file or a different file to see if this works for you?

Can you send in the file in to our support team, and we'll test to see if we can reproduce the problem. Thanks.

3. Floriaan

Hi,

I have send an email to tech support, since the files won't upload to the forums. Thank you for looking into this.

4. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | VP, Product | CAST Software

Thanks Floriaan.
    I've received your files yesterday afternoon, and we've starting to investigate. The good news is, we are sometimes able to reproduce your issue - which causes the export to create a 0KB file, which is why it is unreadable by Excel.
    Saving to XLS seems to work all the time as well (and is an easy workaround for anyone experiencing this), although this is the first report of this issue.
    This is a strange one, because this is not a consistent problem for everyone - this morning we had successful exports to XLSX with other files, and some failed attempts as well.
    Once we find out more info, we'll post it here.

Thanks for reporting this,
    Dino

5. Floriaan

Do you have more info yet? In R39 the issue is still present.