1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Draw order not respected in presentation view

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Could it be that an alternative draw order is not respected in presentation views/layouts?
    I try to display text on top of a fixture/object (a Jem Stage Hazer). In CAD view it is fine, in my lay-out the text disappears. The same happens when I selected the (grouped object in CAD by the way)
    Schermafbeelding.jpg Schermafbeelding 1.jpg Schermafbeelding 2.jpg

2. Michael Ang

Michael Ang Member

Hi Floriaan,

This is not a draw order issue, but rather a Wireframe Details one. To show Fixture Attributes in Layouts, select the CAD plot item, right-click and select Content Properties. Go to the Wireframe Details tab and check the Fixture Attributes you want shown on the plot. You can make your CAD plot items have the same settings as Document Options by checking "Use User Details" at the bottom of the window.

Regards,

Michael

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is not correct. My wireframe details are set the same in cas as in the layout. It also doesn't explain why the text disappears when I select it.

4. Michael Ang

Michael Ang Member

Hi Floriaan,

We would need to do more investigation on your file to figure out the issue. To do that, please email us your file at techsupport(at)cast-soft(dot)com. The reason the why text disappears when you select the fixture is because any object you select will immediately move to the "front" of the view so you can see it easier.

Regards,

Michael