1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

[FR] Transparency slider for layers and layer groups

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I would like to have a new feature for layers and layer groups. You can already set layers to greyscale in the layer manager. An addition to that should be that you can adjust the transparency with a slider. This way you can push some layers visually to the background. Examples could be the set layers (or the whole set group). Also if you can place a floor plan pdf on a layer and make that layer more transparent, that could help a great deal in making layouts and cad views easier to read.
    It could either be truly transparent or just more desaturated colours.

2. sanderloonen

sanderloonen Active Member

yes, yes, yes

3. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Agree! I need more control of floorplans and have been asking for more contrast/visibility control of floorplans for some time -- on a separate layer would be great.
    The idea of making less visible per layer group may actually work well. Or maybe even manage layer colors and line thicknesses in Scenes would be better. Then we will have full control of each plot.

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Although it is making it more complicated and possibly confusing to add an extra option for changing the way layers look at the scenes level, It does make sense.
    I always use scenes to separate set, venue, light, rigging and lights on the floor layouts. To be able to push back the set layers in the lighting scene, whilst having them visible for reference could be incredibly useful.

Firebrand likes this.