1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

"Reduce File Complexity"

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ADK, May 6, 2019.

1. ADK

ADK Member

Hi there,

If you get a "Warning! Reduce File Complexity Before Continuing!" alert when merging files, there is no way to back out of the process. You can only click "ok", crash the program, and then fix it and try again. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    AK

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi ADK,

Actually, the full text of the warning is the following:

Recommendation: Reduce File complexity before importing!

While the following items will import once you click OK, they each contain more than 65,535 vertices and will negatively impact this file's performance. To avoid this, we recommend that you reduce the complexity of each block listed below, and then import the file once again.

… As such, I am wondering if you've done as recommended. If not, please do so and then try the import once more. For information about how to do this, please see http://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/geometry-optimization-and-file-efficiency.283/. Please ensure that you click on the two links in the first message of this thread--and read the information they reveal, of course; understanding all this is the key to optimizing files.

If after all this you are still unable to import your file, please send both the original and the one containing your optimizations to us at techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com, and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Dany

3. ADK

ADK Member

Hi Dany,

Thanks. I'm importing dwgs drawn by someone else, and usually they're fine. But sometimes they've left something exploded or something, and I get surprised by one of these messages. My point is that once I get one of these messages, there's no way out but to crash the program and start again once I've fixed the original file. It would be great if there were a "cancel import" option in the case that whatever I'm merging is unexpectedly messy, or I've made a mistake.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
    A

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

It does. But my point is that WYSIWYG should not crash... if that happens with a file or two, we can have a look at them because they are the problem. However, if WYSIWYG is crashing every time that message appears (when, again, it should not--that is not the point of the message.. quite the contrary) then there's something else going on, like maybe something having gone wrong with your installation. If you can email at least a couple of files with which this happens, like I wrote earlier (and nevermind the optimizations for now) I'll be happy to have a look at them. Am I correct to assume you are using R42?