1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Spots with shutters

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Floriaan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

In my experience, spots with shutters are off almost over the whole library.
    Robe spots for instance have the shutter assembly rotated 45 degrees, which is not respected in the library items. High end spots have the order of the shutters arranged in a different way, Varilites are generally ok, ClayPaky's also have a rotation that is slightly off.

Maybe it is good idea to put tried and tested fixtures in this thread, so we can compare experiences.

Roberto Bento likes this.
  2. Peter

Peter Super Moderator

Hi Floriaan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This is the first time we are hearing of this issue, and surprised it hasn’t been reported before. While it won't be possible to retest every existing fixture for shutter accuracy, we definitely want to help improve the most commonly used fixtures where needed.

For any fixture which you identify has incorrect shutter representation, please send us your testing notes (and if possible, photos of the actual fixture shutter) so we can compare them with our model. Then we can make adjustments following your observations.

Thanks,

Peter
    Manager, Libraries

3. Floriaan

Tomorrow I have the chance to compare the Robe Robin DL7S with the real fixture. If I send you some updated information would you be able to correct the library file for this spot by Thursday? I need to prep a show for The Royal Concertgebouw.
    I think the shutter rotation is off by 45 degrees but I cannot tell you yet if it is minus or plus 45 degrees.

4. Peter

Peter Super Moderator

Yes, please send me as much information as possible. For example, I need to know your DMX values (0-255) for Pan and Tilt, Shutters and master Shutter rotation channels and an image to show the base of the fixture with its cable ports. Perhaps create and send me a simple Wyg file so I can use it as I modifify the Library files.

It will be faster if you contact me directly via email at pdebreceni@cast-soft.com.

5. Floriaan

All High end fixtures with shutters have the order of the shutters wrong. I don't have time to check this extensively with the real world fixture, but I think you have blade 2 and 3 switched. Please check with the manufacturer, as this involves all High End Solaframe series including the wash with beam shapers.

6. Floriaan

I can now confirm that Blade 2 and Blade 3 are switched. Could you please fix this in the library for all HighEnd SolaFrame fixtures? Thanks!

7. Floriaan

Nothing has changed yet, causing a very embarrassing appearance in an operahouse in France where I convinced them to program position palettes with Wyg and then nothing was correct. Pan inverted, tilt inverted, blades in the wrong order, sizes incorrect. Please take out all High End fixtures for Live mode until you tested them!