1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

4k Live Issues

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by AJ Layton, Jan 21, 2018.

1. AJ Layton

AJ Layton New Member

Hey!

I recently swapped my main visualizer monitor/tv for a 40" 4k samsung. Looks good, but WYSIWYG is doing some really odd scaling on the 4k screen.

If I host the main application window on that screen, everything works fine, ON THAT SCREEN ONLY, when I drag to another monitor it is scaled odd.

If I host the main app on a 1080 screen and drag a pop up of my Live view (my preference usually) it works ok, but text is rendered super tiny and the window won't scale to the full screen size.

I will upload some screenshots when I'm back in the office, but I was just wondering if any of you have run into this and if there is a solution?

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I would check your Windows 10 scaling settings. Also it might be that one screen is handled by an internal (baked into the motherboard) graphics adapter (like Intel Iris) and the other by your "proper" graphics adapter (Nvdia/AMD).

3. AJ Layton

AJ Layton New Member

I have everything coming out of the graphics cards ports, so it should be covered with that.

I adjusted the scaling and it helped some, but it still is acting pretty wonky. I also lost a ridiculous amount of framerate (from 50 fps to around 9) with the 4k live window. I lowered some settings and found that if I host on the 4k screen it seems to work better. Maybe I should update to 40 and see if that fixes it?

I just have to remember which fixtures to update..