1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Allow adding simple items to library

Discussion in 'The Library' started by DrewAVM, Apr 27, 2018.

1. DrewAVM

DrewAVM New Member

For example...

For the event I'm currently planning, alongside my lights I'm also running seven marquee heaters, speakers, and fire exit signs.

It would be great to be able to "patch" a riser, or a cylinder, or any other library item and give them a name that appears in legends.

2. Lumi_Jay

Lumi_Jay Member

You can add DMX Devices. It is in the fixture library and will let you patch how many channels you need (1ch all the way until 40ch, then 256 and 512). You can also modify the name of this unit to correspond to your needs (Alias)
    Best,

3. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

Legends are being worked on currently. over next few releases we may see some improvements. but I know that rigging, trussing are first to be tackled.Library items are bit down the line I believe.

If you need items added to a legend best bet is to place said item off the main view area of your drawing and then in layout section. add a cad item and place the coverage area over your legend place holder.
    If we started with risers and cylinders as a "patch" system we just make it more difficult to deal with items inside wyg.

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I agree with that. It would be useful to be able to keep track of count, weight, etc. of library items in reports and legends though.

#4 Floriaan, May 20, 2018 at 11:37 AM
    Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 2:52 PM
  5. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

I agree with that. It would be useful to be able to keep track of count, weight, etc. of library items in reports and legends though.[/QUOTE]
    True true. Library items would be handy to have just that. counts and weights and legends. but I stop there (for now) as risers and say cylinders would be nice but then may as well create a block function like autocad and have everything included. to me thats just a system hog. and not worth it.