1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

booms and metre/ meter marks

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Alexj, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Alexj

Alexj New Member

Hi all,

I have just purchased WYSIWYG R34 after much deliberation between WYSIWYG and Capture Argo after running Capture Polar for 2 years and have successfully connected to a console and have managed to get all working and plans are fine etc etc however there are a couple of things I'm struggling with:

A) is there a simple way of inserting metre marks around the plot? if not what is the best way of doing this.
    [FONT=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]B) booms for obvious reasons are vertical which is fine (after much head scratching I worked out how to make a vertical pipe) however how would you recommend representing this on the plot as it is simply a top view of the boom which to all intensive purposes is useless?[/FONT]

sorry if this has already been covered I have looked around.

thank you in advance for any replies.

Alex [​IMG]

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Hi Alex,

In wysiwyg you can insert scales, either imperial or metric. You can choose where you want your 'ticks' to be (every meter, every 0,25 meter, etc.). These scales can either be horizontal or vertical.
    For booms you could also insert a proper boom. This is to be found under trusses.
    The best way to represent this in a lay-out is to make a 'New Plot' first (on the PRES tab->New Plots), where you can give pipes an angle so you can see what's on them, without affecting the position in the 3d model. Then to insert this 'New plot' into your lay-out.

What I sometimes do to cheat is to make a layer 'Booms SL' and a layer 'Booms SR' and then make two scenes with the layers you want to see in the plot. One with the Stage left booms, and one with the stage right booms. Now you can insert a Cad-item into your lay-out with a side view. To avoid seeing the opposite side of the stage, you choose the right scene.

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Thanks for your reply, Floriaan! :)

@Alex: just in case, to clarify the first part of Floriaan's message, the scales that he is referring to are actually drawn; to start drawing one, please click the Draw menu, then Dimensions and then Linear Scale. You may find complete information about Linear Scales and their various options, etc., in the WYSIWYG Reference Guide.

Cheers,

Dany

4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

huh! Learn something new everyday.. lol
    Jason

5. Alexj

Alexj New Member

this worked perfectly... sorry probably a real noob question, quite a difficult transition from AutoCAD to WYSIWYG but I'm starting to like it! :)