1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

    Log in or Sign up and share the knowledge!

    Dismiss Notice

BRM 'out of memory'

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Colin Monk, Mar 19, 2020.

  1. Colin Monk

    Colin Monk New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2020
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I tried to look this one up in the forum but didn't find anything in Tech Support.

    I understand that the Render Engine is 32bit and Wyg is running in 64bit so you can no longer render out of Wyg directly and have to use the Background Render Manager. I setup my 'render' and submit to BRM.

    The render always fails and the log shows;

    [03/19 11:36] RenderingStarted("renderfinal004\00001")

    [03/19 11:37] Error: Rendering failed
    Out of memory.

    [03/19 11:37] FrameAborted("renderfinal004\00001" due to "Unknown") from LocalRenderClient

    [03/19 11:37] Error: Error loading input frame "renderfinal004\"
    Out of memory.


    Anyone know how i fix it? Probably missing something very obvious (sorry!)
    Thanks
    Colin
     
  2. Floriaan

    Floriaan Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2015
    Messages:
    386
    Likes Received:
    82
    I have the same problem. Tech support told me it has to do with the BRM going out of memory. The solution should be to reduce the number of polygons by using Consolidate Mesh wherever possible or possibly reduce the lighting complexity. In my experience this problem got worse with the 64-bit version of Wysiwyg talking to the 32-bit version of the BRM.
    I really miss the support for accurate rendering especially when there is daylight simulation involved. I'd love to see a GPU/CPU powered solution to make something that looks as realistic as possible. You know... WISYWYG.
     
  3. Colin Monk

    Colin Monk New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2020
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thank you, great help! Lighting wasn’t that complex but forgot I had some imported dwg elements active in the scene that were used to build elements which I’ve now deleted and seems to have helped!
     

Share This Page