1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Light emission for risers only does all sides

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

If you select just one side of a riser (front, back, top, bottom, left or right), to be a light emitting surface that is DMX controllable, (RGBW + Intensity), this applies to all sides simultaneously. Where as in the appearance tap you can select just one side, in the light emission tab you can select one side, but it applies to all of them.
    So for sure it is a bug. Either the bug is that it applies to all sides, where it shouldn't or it is a bug because you can select the individual sides, where you should only be able to select the whole object.

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

This is as-designed, and the only way in which WYSIWYG can support Dynamic Light Emission for the time being. This is mentioned in the WYSIWYG Reference Guide (page 405 of the R42 version).

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Is there any chance this might improve? My workaround right now is that I draw a surface over the face of the object, that I want to emit light from and then group it together with the solid. This could work better. And for those of us who do not learn the release notes by heart, the interface should prevent you from thinking it is possible to make just one side of a solid light emitting. This could be achieved by only making all sides selectable at once or make it only selectable on a per object basis.

Firebrand likes this.
  4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion, Floriaan. We will take them under advisement.