1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] R42 Project sub-folders missing dialogbox. Can not reject

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

When you copy only the .wyg file out of the context of its project folders and you are opening this file on another machine, a dialog box appears. In this dialog you are asked if Wysiwyg should recreate them in the project directory. The file will only open if you click Yes. No results in nothing.
    The file should just be opening (and take missing textures or video's, should there be any, for granted) like it always does.

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Also if you saved as project once, even if you would then choose [Save as...] it keeps being saved as a project. Is there any way to change this so I can share the file to a co-worker and he or she doesnt get the dialog?

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

We are aware of the first issue you mentioned, and are working to correct it. In the meantime, if you do not wish to worry about the extra folders, we recommend not using the Projects feature.

The issue you mentioned in your second message was addressed in R42, as stated on page 30 of the R42 Release Notes. (Reading Release Notes is recommended in order to avoid wasting time talking about problems that do not, or no longer exist.)

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Thank you for your answer. The thing is that I did exactly what was described in the Release notes and it is not working for me. The next time I open the newly saved file I get the prompt for the missing project folders.

5. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Floriaan,

Did you check the Save as regular .wyg file option in the Save As dialog?

upload_2019-3-19_12-5-34.png

You must do this, otherwise the file will continue as a Project. (In a near-future version, we will make it easier to differentiate between project files and regular files will be, by assigning a different extension and icon to project files.)

If you DID do this and the new file continues to ask for folders to be created, there could be something with that project file, so please send it to us for investigation.

Cheers,

Dany

6. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Thanks Dany, my bad. The menubar shortcut on my laptop was still referring to R41. I must have started in R41 when I was saving as...