1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

cad drawing

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Gonzalocordova, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Gonzalocordova

hi everybody!
    Dont you think that would be wonderfull to have the hatch possibilty for all the drawing surfaces instead of walls?

2. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

Absolutely agree!
    The hatching could come in handy with a lot of different things - looking specifically for at solution to make fire escape routes with hatching.

Been setting up walls with .001m in height, but it's a mess to merge/connect these squares, and have a nice looking hatch pattern.

Could be just surfaces or maybe adding/subtracting risers (or walls) and then add a hatching pattern to the resulting "Set Piece" in the CAD/PRES drawing, so it'll be displayed on prints.

Bo

3. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | Product Manager | CAST Software

Welcome to the Forum!

@gonzalo: Definitely it would be a great addition. This feature is already on our to-do list, for items like surfaces and risers.

@roygbiv: Since you are trying to connect walls, have you tried using the "Room Builder" feature which is new in R32, available in Draw menu in CAD. Define the path you need, and don't close the room. This creates a wall segment which could have corners that are perfect 90 degrees or any angle you wish... (I provided an example below in the attached image)... Obviously hatching surfaces is the best solution for you use case, but in the meantime, maybe using RoomBuilder will save you some time and perhaps you'll like the hatching results better.

ExampleRoomBuilder_Hatching.jpg

-Dino

4. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

Hi Dino
    At last one place to ask the stupid questions -was happy to see a Cast forum!

Actually, I had not come around to trying room builder yet :)
    Will try it out, when I'm at my work station. -as you might expect, I would like it to be "perfectly merged" without dividing lines between the sections, but I'll give it a try!

Thanks
    Bo

#4 roygbiv, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  5. Gonzalocordova

Wonderful!. It will help to improve the presentation mode! thanks

6. zohaa3492

zohaa3492 New Member

Hi everybody.
    anyone has a better and fast solution to represent sidelights in presentation mode?
    the point is that everytime I draw in cad mode a complete stage with sidelight, I need to "produce" it again in Pres mode. Does it mean, I need to rotate the boom, for instance, reorder the orientation of the spot, the atributes, etc. and the print to PDF. The problem is that theaters are asking me for a CAD file. The heavy solution is prepare in cad mode the concept in 3d and create a layer with the rotated clone of the sidelight to export to 2D in cad. Is that clear? Is there any other solution? Would be wonderful if I can export from the layout tab of pres mode direct to acad!!! well that is all.....ideas.....thanks

7. Alexj

Alexj New Member

build the stage as you usually would for 3d visualization then when you are ready to plot go into presentation mode, create a new plot and use the position rotate tool to rotate the booms to a viewable position in a drawing.

position rotate can be found in Edit > rotate position

Alex

8. Gonzalocordova

Thanks Alex.
    this is the solution to print a pdf file, but my problem is that I need also a DWG output. And when I export a sideview in CAD 2d dwg/dxf export all the sidelights are overlapping. Is that clear? I know the option should be create and create layers and layers and then scenes and scenes
    thanks
    gonzalo

9. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Gonzalo,

Have you tried to export to 3D (in WYSIWYG's File menu, the DWG/DXF Export option) and then use AutoCAD's more advanced printing features to print however you need?

Just a thought,

Dany