1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Connection with gma2 issue

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by andrenogrib, Jun 11, 2018.

1. andrenogrib

andrenogrib New Member

#1 andrenogrib, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

Video wont play for me.
    but what is it your trying to do exactly?
    help to know what versions your using, wyg and ma2.
    is it all on same computer or 2 systems, console and computer?
    are you on same network system same ip range|
    did you change the gmawyg driver ip settings?

In ma2 software make sure you have wysiwyg enabled, network is set to same ip as your wyg system. so wyg 192.168.0.100 gma 192.168.0.101 and remember which session id you are in (usually grandma 1)
    in wyg make sure the GMA wyg driver is set to ma-net2 mode, ip of your wyg computer 192.168.0.100 and the driver is on your wyg computer. (yes had people run it on the ma computer) and the grandMA 1 session is set to 1(or what it was in the ma software)
    in the live mode and device manager have grand ma 2 console loaded. set the address to your session id (Grandma 1) and have your outputs assigned to a universe used in your patching which need to match your patching in the ma software.

There is a guide to help you when you load the GMA Wyg driver as well. (It has pictures included)
    I'm on site so this is all off top of my head but should get you going.

Jason.

3. andrenogrib

andrenogrib New Member

I connect everything on the same computer.i use the loopback ip(127.0.0.1) and session id 1. In the video shows me trying to connect step by step. I'll upload the video somewhere else

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      91.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      492.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      131.7 KB
      Views:
    #3 andrenogrib, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

From your video and 2.jpg photo you have wysiwyg turned off in GMA2 software. gold / yellow highlight is the selected object. that needs to be on to have wysiwyg talk to MA2 software.

If you update your software you can also send an email to Tech support and they can help out.

Jason.

5. andrenogrib

andrenogrib New Member

I must have taken the print at the wrong time. Everything is alright. I've connected millions of times, there's no way the configuration is wrong.

6. andrenogrib

andrenogrib New Member

When I install the update of nvidia, kaspersky antivirus and advanced systemcare after formatting the pc happens this bug. I do not know if that's exactly it, but that's what I realized after formatting several times, especially after updating nvidia. After installing them I went to the antivirus firewall and released everything. It seems to be some blockage between the plugin and the wyg. can it be some network adapter configuration?

7. andrenogrib

andrenogrib New Member

When I press connect in wyg it crashes the program and sometimes it goes blank as if the process failed, but it comes back and says that it is not possible to connect with gma2 .. I tried to disable the antivirus and windows firewall and it did not work. does these program optimizations block the plugin connection?

Attached Files:

#7 andrenogrib, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:26 PM
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018 at 1:04 AM