1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Consolidate atmospheric devices in the fixture library

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Floriaan, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

At the moment there are two places in which you can find atmospheric devices (such as hazers, smoke machines and bubble thingies...). Some of them are in the fixture library, some in the objects library.
    The ones in the fixture library can have dmx dresses assigned etc. and they show up in the legends and reports. The ones in the objects library can be inserted on the floor and appear correct in renderings.

Why not combine the two sets into one library section (fixtures) and make them all insertable on the floor, the same way you can do with some moving lights.

mldekker likes this.
  2. Peter

Peter Super Moderator

Hi Floriaan,

The Atmospheric objects were originally created over 10 years ago before I started and since then I've only added devices like this as Fixtures so they can be patched and included in paperwork.

Do you know if any of that group are still used today? I can create a fixture version for popular ones but unfortunately don't have the time to go back and bring all of them to life.

I am pushing to have all fixtures enabled for inserting on the floor in a future release but it hasn't happened yet. I can enable specific fixtures by request so I will do this for them in R41. If you have an urgent need for specific fixtures to insert on the floor, please email and I can send you the latest override file.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Maybe it is also a good choice to let some of these original library items disappear from the library and work with the "fixture" based devices instead.
    I am looking forward to the insert on floor function, as if you use a short pipe or floor stand, the machine will always be floating above the floor, unless you move the pipe below the stage by eye in a side view.