1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Crash on Capture Device Start

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Pochflyboy, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Pochflyboy

Pochflyboy New Member

Hello,

I am trying to use SPOUT to send a video signal from TouchDesigner to WYSIWYG. Spout is a way to transfer video from one program to another. I have no problem starting the video and receiving it with both the test receiver and other software.

When I launch WYSIWYG, I create a surface and add a video source. Then when I go to the appearance tab and select the video source the application crashes when I select apply. Here is the message I get:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Wyg.exe
    Application Version: 1.31.81.3
    Application Timestamp: 51ccbe83
    Fault Module Name: spoutcam.ax
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 55473548
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000aea8
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi,

While WYSIWYG does not support such software, it is able to play back video files stored in AVI and MPG containers, as long as the CODEC that the video file was encoded with is installed on the computer running WYSIWYG. In addition, WYSIWYG can connect to any video capture card or device (this includes most webcams) that uses a WDM-based driver, as well as to CITP/MSEX streams (up to the latest version, 1.2). For more information about all this, I refer you to the following threads:

http://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/playing-video-files-in-wysiwyg.370/#post-1016

and

http://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/video-capture-devices-for-wysiwyg.315/#post-817

Regards,

#2 Dany, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2016