1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Create New Library Item Troubles

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ADK, May 7, 2019.

1. ADK

ADK Member

Hello,

Trying to create new library items, but often the option is greyed out.

There are no hang positions (pipes or truss) selected. There are no break/convert/divide options even available from the selection, so it's literally just a bunch of lines. This has happened with a bunch of lines, and with a bunch of lines that were previously a library item imported from a dwg.

What is causing this and how do I fix?

Thanks.
    AK

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

You must have something else selected, because Lines can be included in Custom Library Items, as you can see in the following video: https://cast.sharefile.com/d-s152f505b8744b5ea.

To find out what you selected, access the Properties window once you've completed the selection (right-click > click Properties, or simply ALT+ENTER): along the top of the Properties window, towards the right (after the tabs for General, Appearance, Light Emission and Sidedness, which appear starting at the left) there will be tabs for each object type that you've selected--see attached. As of R42, the following objects cannot be part of Custom Library Items:
    • Axes
    • Fixtures
    • Circles
    • Arcs
    • Focus Positions
    • Focus Lines
    • Focus Arcs
    • Text
    • Rigging Points
    • Pipes
    • Truss
    • Dimensions
    • Linear Scales
    • Led Walls
    I realize now that this list is not in the WYSIWYG manual (Reference Guide) and that it should be, so I've just asked for it to be added to the upcoming R43 version of the manual.

Cheers,

Dany

Attached Files:

3. ADK

ADK Member

Copy that, thanks so much.

It's the arcs! Sneaky arcs. Any chance they will be able to be included in the future, or is there an inherent limitation that prevents it?

Thanks.

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Already discussing this with Soft. Dev... hopefully, yes! :) I'll let you know in a day or two.

5. ADK

ADK Member

Copy! Thanks.