1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Demo Install

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by macstgtek, Mar 22, 2014.

1. macstgtek

macstgtek New Member

Hello.

I downloaded and installed the demo, after installing and restarting the computer, I launch the demo, get the Windows 7 spinning circle thingy, but it disappears after about 20seconds and the application doesn't launch. Im using the shortcut that was installed on the desktop to try and launch the demo.

Any thoughts on how to try and launch the app?

Thanks!

Matt

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Matt,

Am I correct to assume that you downloaded and installed the WYSIWYG Release 32 Demo (from http://www.cast-soft.com/Demo/index.php)?

Does the computer that you installed WYSIWYG Demo on feature more than 16 processor cores? (Is the computer utilizing two hyperthreaded 8-core XEON processors? This would appear in the OS as 32 processors; 8 physical cores x 2 (for hyperthreading) x 2 (for the number of physical processors) = 32.) The one time we had such a problem reported, it was solved by disabling hyperthreading in BIOS, so if you are indeed running such a computer, please try this.

If this is not the case, you may be dealing with a corrupt installation, which may have been caused by a corrupt installer. Did you happen to hash-check the installer that you downloaded, to compare its MD5/CRC32 values with the ones posted on the Demo installer download page? In this case, I recommend uninstalling, re-downloading the installer, hash-checking it and then installing anew.

Cheers,

Dany