1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Dimensions appearing under truss in layout only

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Numberwrong, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Numberwrong

Numberwrong Member

Hi,

I have dimensions appearing beneath other items in my layout only. The layout uses a Plot item, in the plot they appears correctly with the dims on top

I have messed around with the draw order, with dims at the top of the list and also used 'send to back' and 'bring to front' but no luck.

The dims are in two different layers I created, not the automatic Dimensions layer. I needed them in different layers and needed the layers to be called something different so I deleted the automatic Dimensions layer.

I was on R39 and updated to R40 today. Both the same.

Any ideas?

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Please email techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com regarding this, and include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered. In order for us to provide assistance, this information will have to match the information in CAST Software's database for that dongle.

Please include in your email a/the file where you are experiencing this issue, along with detailed steps for how to reproduce it. (Simply sending a file in which the issue appears is not necessarily helpful, because in most cases we need to understand how to actually reproduce the issue.) Please also clarify what you mean by the word "layout", because your first sentence is rather confusing: in WYSIWYG terminology, a Layout consists of the items visible when the Layouts tab of Presentation mode is accessed and a Layout Shortcut is clicked; a Plot Item is a "window into the model's wireframe" and a Plot Item's contents is always identical to CAD Wireframe views (assuming, of course, that the same Scene is used in both); the word "plot", by itself, which you use in the last part of your first sentence, holds no meaning in WYSIWYG terminology... this is why we need an exact explanation of the steps that we can take, what menus/buttons to click, etc., in order to reproduce the issue.

Thank you,