1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Dimmer - Circuit report edit

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Mike Mcreadie, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mike Mcreadie

Mike Mcreadie New Member

I'm new here, and trying to alter a report. We have a really old hard patch panel, and need a report to be able to list dimmer - Circuit patches. Ideally without 1 line per circuit. I can get the dimmer - circuit report as 1 line per circuit and list each seperately, but is there a way to combine the circuits into 1 dimmer per line?

sample report attached that we used on our old software.

Attached Files:

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I would love to see a good explanation by the guys from Cast, for the correct use of Patch Universe, Patch Adress, Patch, Dimmer, Circuit Number, Circuit Name, Multi-Cable, since this seems to be a bit Country specific.

In The Netherlands we would need to know: dimmer numbers (single dmx addresses) for conventional channels and (multiple) dmx addresses for multi-parameter fixtures. The dimmers need to get a dmx address as well, but only the start address is relevant here.
    To the dimmers we connect multi-cores with 8 circuits. We tend to labels these with letters (A, B, C, D, etc.) and the circuits on each multi-core with numbers (1-8). The multi-cores often get soft-patched to the dimmers. So Multi-core D.2 could be soft-patched to Dimmer 1.1, which has dmx-address 1.301.

I would also be helped by getting a good explanation (and possibly a template) to produce clear paperwork to show all these different patch levels.

Firebrand likes this.