1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Document Defaults should include all options

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

In a few instances around wysiwyg you cannot set all options in the document default settings that are greyed out when the "Use document options" check box is checked.
    An example of this is: you can set dimension settings in document options, but precision is missing there. To set the precision for all your measurements to decimetre or centimetre instead of millimetre, you'd have to uncheck the "use default options" checkbox. This means that if you want to change the text height for all you measurements in the document, you cannot simply change them in the default settings, but you'd have to select all measurements (which can be quite tedious if you use them in different views).

I know that this is not the only example where this happens, but I cannot find another example right now.

Schermafbeelding 1.jpg Schermafbeelding 2.jpg

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Thanks Floriaan,

We will look into this and see what can be done about it in a near-future version, but I need to mention that some of options may not be able to exist in Document Options for technical reasons. I, or someone else from Support will report back here once the analysis is complete, though this may require a couple of weeks or more.

Cheers,

Dany

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I guess that the options that cannot change globally shouldn’t be greyed-out if the Use Document Deafults checkbox is checked. They should move upwards, so you can add e.g. a leader line (this option makes no sense in document defaults) without unchecking the Use Document Defaults checkbox.