1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Dot2 -> Wyg

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mldekker, Apr 3, 2015.

1. mldekker

mldekker Member

Hallo,
    Will it be possible to use The new MA Dot2 on PC software and Wyg R 34 on one windows machine just like Grand MA 2?
    greets.

Max Dekker.
    Amsterdam.

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Max,

I contacted MA Lighting about this, but they said it is not something they have considered yet, so at this time they do not know if they will develop a connectivity driver. I, and everyone else reading this I'm sure, hope that they WILL make one, but this is entirely up to MA Lighting, not CAST Software. They have everything they need to develop this driver, and the option to add AutoFocus and AutoPatch to it if they wish, so there's nothing more we can do for the time being but wait for their decision. (We at CAST cannot develop such a driver, since we have no access to the console's operating system source code.)

All that said, I cannot imagine the new console not being able to output Art-Net and/or sACN, and WYSIWYG will be able to connect to either of those protocols. (Their only disadvantage is that they cannot possibly support AutoFocus and AutoPatch, since these features require a proprietary driver.)

I wish I had better news.. :(

Dany

3. mldekker

mldekker Member

Hallo Dany,

thanks for the clear explanation.
    let's hope that MA will develop a Wyg driver soon.

Greetings.

Max.

4. mldekker

mldekker Member

Dany,
    is there any news on this subject yet?
    I hope there is because I really need that Wyg Driver and don't want to build all my theatres in dot2 3D again.

max.

5. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

No, sorry, there isn't. As I said, it is not up to CAST Software to develop this driver, but MA Lighting.. The only thing I can recommend is that you contact them and ask them to make it. In the meantime though, as I also wrote earlier, if this console supports Art-Net and/or sACN output, you can connect via either of those protocols.

Cheers,

Dany

6. mldekker

mldekker Member

thanks again Dany,

I asked MA already but will do that again soon.
    don't want to redraw all my theaters.
    When is R 36 coming to us?

greetings from Amsterdam.

MLD.

7. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Not a problem--I wish I had been able to give you better news... :( (That said, I'm not sure I understand why you might have to redraw anything, because you cannot connect to the Dot2 from WYSIWYG via a proprietary (as opposed to a generic) driver.)

Release 36 is on schedule to be launched in December.

Dany