1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Export CAD fixtures and Trusses as blocks ?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Emiliano Morgia, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Emiliano Morgia

Emiliano Morgia New Member

Hello, I've been asked to export my wysiwyg plots on CAD .DWG and make every fixture and truss as block .

Basically the people who asking me this , wish to be able to import the .DWG generated from wysiwyg and replace wysiwyg fixtures with their own on their cad plot.

Possible ?

Thank you

Regards

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Emiliano,

Of course.. in fact, that is the ONLY way Fixtures and Truss export in 3D. For 2D exports, everything in the file is exploded into Line objects, as explained in the WYSIWYG Reference Guide and as you can see in the files I attached here for your reference.

View attachment 690

Cheers,

Dany

3. Emiliano Morgia

Emiliano Morgia New Member

Thank you Dany ! I was exporting the plot in 2d . If I export it in 3d is working fine .

Is it possible to export Patch and Spot numbers on 3d ? I mean can you think to include this in the future ?

Cheers !

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

I am not sure if such information can be exported, but I will add a request for this to be investigated.

5. Gil

Gil New Member

Hi, why when exporting in DWG 3D channel number and gel and so are disappearing ? and when exporting in 2D fixtures aren't block anymore ?
    Thanks !

6. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

This is all working as designed. I explained 2D Exports above. For 3D Exports, fixture attributes are not meant to export.

7. Gil

Gil New Member

Well Dany, thanks for your quick answer. I am working for a french national theater in Paris, so please be kind about my english ;-)
    But that's exactly my point. My collegues are working on Autocad and I am very hard trying to mix my Wysiwyg work with them.
    Why in a 2D export (even if it is for now designed so) ligthing fixture couldn't be blocks instead being exploded in lines ?

8. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I am wondering the same thing for a while. The same applies to the export of measurements. Those can give many seperate lines as well. It would be great if at least the fixtures where a block, but preferably the key items around it (channel, patch, colour) as well, although that might result in a drawing with too many blocks in the end.

Gil likes this.