1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Feature request: truss any length

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Numberwrong, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Numberwrong

Numberwrong Member

It would be really useful to be able to create a truss any length, width and height just like inserting a pipe.

I would settle for a few standard widths and heights as long as you could type in any length.

Sometimes I might receive a CAD file with existing trusses drawn in CAD that I need to swap for wyg trusses. I've had a few jobs where I can't find the trusses in the Wyg library to re build the trusses of that type to the correct lengths in the CAD drawing.

If this is not due to to be implemented I think the library needs to have a vastly improved generic truss section with more types and every possible length.

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Why don't you just draw a pipe next to the CAD truss? Or you can look at the name of the CAD block, where you can usually see the brand and model of the truss.
    Or just make your plot more accurate then the CAD drawing if you see it doesn't match;-)

It would be really impractical to be able to draw a non-existing truss of any length. Especially since wysiwyg is becoming such an elaborate tool for trusses, where you can see the actual weight of the trusses and make a shop-order for the rigging department.

3. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

ditto to the above, and if the truss you need isn't in the library, our friends at Cast Soft will design one for you if you shoot them the specs. just as long as your membership is up to date ;-)
    i've done that with some of my truss and they were super helpful and really quick in their turnaround.

having an unrealistic length of truss messes with the pick lists for the warehouse, weights and loadings, etc