1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

File Doesn't Exist Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mustafaphantom, Mar 27, 2014.

1. mustafaphantom

mustafaphantom New Member

Hi
    İ have a problem to open an existing showfile last few days. When i attemp to load file it says file doesnt exist. What could be the problem i have a lot of show file but i cant open anyone:( what can i do guys?:(

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi there,

Sorry to hear of this trouble. While I cannot be sure without seeing the file, there is a good chance here that your file has become corrupted, most likely due to the media that it was stored on being bad in some way or another. Check the size of the file in Windows, and if it is less than about 400Kb, you are definitely looking at a irrecoverable file. If not, please send the file to our tech support email address, and, provided that your Membership is up to date, we will attempt to recover it for you. (Naturally though, it is impossible for us to guarantee that the file can be recovered.)

Thanks,

Dany

3. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi,

First, the image you sent is too small to make out the Dongle Serial Code. Second, it is probably not a good idea to make such information public.

The last time I heard of an issue like yours was about ten years ago, with Release 8; at that time, a bug caused similar errors when long file paths were involved. This bug was fixed immediately, it has not come back since, and it is certainly not something that anyone else is experiencing, or there would likely be more messages related to it on here (and we would already be working on a fix). The problem you are encountering here may be related to your storage media (hard drive(s)? SSD(s)?), which could be developing problems that could lead to corruption and data loss. I recommend that you back up all your files (.wyg and otherwise) and then thoroughly scan/analyze your current storage media for errors. (This may indeed seem like a lot of trouble, but I am sure that losing your files altogether would be even more trouble, so I believe it's better to be safe than sorry in this case.)

This is all I can advise here. Again, for more in-depth assistance, please send an email to our technical support address, including your Serial Code information.

Cheers,

Dany

4. boris

boris New Member

File does not exist error appears if the file name, or the folder path leading to it, contains charachters not found in english alphabet.
    I am from Central Europe, and I have reported the issue already, maybe a year ago, I beleive to Dany?
    i think Cast should correct this. If Microsoft can deal with characters from other languages, Cast shoud do it too.
    Boris Popovic,
    Croatia

5. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | Product Manager | CAST Software

Hi Boris,
    You are correct. WYSIWYG currently does not handle characters from other languages. But this will change very soon...

I'm happy to share with you that we've already started a large development project that will correct this, and in the near future, probably for Release 34, we will deliver Unicode support for all character sets for all languages. So CAST is working on this and will shortly deliver exactly what you and some others have requested. :)

Cheers,
    Dino