1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

framing shutters design

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Jesperspier, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Jesperspier

Jesperspier Member

Hi,

Is there a way to use the framing shutters on fixtures (like VL3500Q, BMFL Blade etc.) on design mode? We can't find it... If it can't, wy not? Technicly it works the same as the framing on normal Profile spots?!

Thanks!

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Sorry Jesperspier, but this is not possible for the time being. As for your comment, that it technically works the same way, yes, this is true, but WYSIWYG's current internal coding does not allow for this feature of automated fixtures to be visualized, in much the same way as you couldn't drive those shutters by pushing and pulling on them with your hand in real life. (True, this is not quite the same thing--after all, we ARE talking about SOFTWARE, a virtual environment--but as I said, this is a current limitation of Design mode, and we are hoping to be able to overcome it soon.)

That said, please note that shutters do simulate correctly in Live mode when you are connected to a console, so if you happen to have access to a WYSIWYG Perform dongle, simply open your file with that dongle plugged in and connect to your console, in order to previsualize your shutter cuts.

Cheers,

Dany

3. lightismagic

lightismagic New Member

If I remember correctly, I asked for this feature about 6 years ago?:rolleyes: