1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Guest Management Names Bug?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Firebrand, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

When i'm importing a guest list, I already have the names in alphabetical order. However, when I'm importing my guest list, somehow the names get dis-ordered. I've included a couple of screenshots to show what I mean.
    In the first shot, you can see I'm treating my first column as a header row, fairly straight forward.
    In the second screen shot, you can clearly see that "Guest 1, Guest 2, etc..." are clearly in alpha order. They're arranged by Last Name (which in this case also happens to be the Group Name- Guest 1, 2, etc are the "first names"), and all looks good.

However, as you can see in the final screenshot, when the guest list is imported into the Guest Management tab, the Guest numbers (within the "last name" group) have become jumbled up. so now, if seating the Askerne Winery guests around a table, if I Select the group and drag & drop to a table, they'll be seated out of order.

Not a huge deal, as things go. And I know I can drag individual names onto the table, thus seating them in alpha and numerical order. But my OCD side is dying a little inside.

How did this happen? And how do I fix it? it seems to be a bug within Vivien somewhere.
    I tried moving the guest 'up' to re-order them, but it won't move within the table. and I can't sort by "Last Name, then First Name" or something like that.

Any suggestions? 01.jpg

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      406.1 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

We will look into this and get back to you within a few days.

Regards,

3. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

Thanks Dany :)

4. risitha

risitha Super Moderator

This issue is reproducible, and will be fixed for the next release. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

Regards,
    Risitha

5. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

good to know it wasn't just me :)

thanks team. you guys are seriously awesome