1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Half tophats

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Floriaan, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I noticed that half top hats cannot be rotated and also (possible workaround) do not rotate if you rotate the fixtures lens or if you rotate the barrel in the cuts and adjustments tab (tested with a S4 profile). They always show up with the flap on the right hand side of the fixture. Half hats should be rotatable (is that a word?) in 90 degree increments.

Also there are no half hats available for Vl1k's. I use them a lot in situations where I cannot use borders. Could you please add them?
    Thanks!

2. Peter

Peter Super Moderator

Unfortunately the Accessory symbol is not dynamic or physically connected to the barrel. It's on its own cad layer.

Would creating an alternate symbol with the flap on the left side help?

Fixtures with multiple symbols (front, plan, side) like the VL1Ks do not currently support accessory symbols. It's a shortcoming that we need to address in a future release. Any Symbol I try to create gets stuck at the base of the fixture and there is only one view for all symbols with no unique plan, front and side views.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I think it could help to have a symbol with a flap on the left side to make at least the drawing more accurate. I am a bit worried how it would show up in the legend then. As it should result in the same accessory count.