1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Hanging Positions from VW import via CSV

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Jason Baeri, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Jason Baeri

Jason Baeri New Member

Good afternoon hive mind.

As a precursor to all of this, I should point out I'm incredibly new to Wyg, so you'll have to forgive the lack of knowledge I have.

The process of exporting instrument data form VW to CSV and then import ing to Wyg could not be simpler, which i am super grateful for. The part I am unable to figure out is the hanging position information. I can export the field for the hanging data and when I do the import, the fixtures have the correct position listed in their properties window, but every fixture comes in hung on its own individual 3' pipe.

Is there some way around this? On a related note, if there's no way around this, how do I drag multiple fixrtures to a hanging position? Right now when I select multiple fixtures and drag them to a new position, it only drags one of the selected fixtures.

Thanks all!

Jason

2. Jason Baeri

Jason Baeri New Member

Bump - Still not sure how to do this

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Hi, the answer is, that there is no way around both issues. The fact that Wysiwyg can either import 2d or 3d data and must make it into a 3d lighting world, and the fact that in wyg a fixture must hang from a pipe or truss and not just any cad line, means that they choose to do the import this way. So each imported fixture on its own little pipe. The bright side is that the associations between a certain auto cad block or vector works group and the wysiwyg fixtures from the library is remembered, so each time you an import it get's easier and faster.

To be able to drag (or copy) multiple fixtures from one pipe to another would make me dance...

4. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for your reply Floriaan! I have nothing else to add.

Come R45, it will definitely be possible to drag and/or copy multiple fixtures between hang structures at once.

Jason Baeri and Floriaan like this.
  5. Jason Baeri

Jason Baeri New Member

Thanks Everyone!

If I could add the request that if the import includes position information, the fixtures should adhere/be assigned to that position (and not a pipe) if it already exists in the current WYG doc.

Thanks Again!

6. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

We will try for this as well. Thanks.