1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Hide Floor Plan

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Alli K, Feb 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alli K

Alli K New Member

Just returned to wysiwyg after a few years with Vectorworks, should have moved sooner!

Todays question: I have imported a ground plan to build a 3D model a the venue, used the scale feature on import which seems to have worked Ok.

Now that I have all the information needed from the ground plan how do I hide or delete it.
    I have built a group of various layers making up the "venue" 3d plot, ground pan on a separate layer.
    The hide option in layers shows with a red line through it but plan still visible.

Don't want the plan visible when I come to do paperwork.

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Imported Floorplans are layerless. Right-click in the view where the floorplan appears, and select either Hide Floorplan or Delete Floorplan. I strongly recommend Hide over Delete, because even if you don't think you have further need for it, you may, and re-importing it is not a great idea, as there is always the chance that measurements will be off. I only recommend Deleting it once the show you're working on has wrapped or only once you are absolutely sure that you have no further need for the floorplan... Keeping it in there forever, and Hidden, will not affect the performance of the file or anything like that, so there is no harm in this.

Regards,

3. Alli K

Alli K New Member

Perfect, Many thanks