1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

How About ...

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by nilsfoss, Jan 16, 2019.

1. nilsfoss

nilsfoss New Member

Can i link my fixture shortcuts to layers. example: Fixture shortcut - Mac III is linked to Layer 42 - Movinglights-MacIII.

Can you make a dropdown meny for making more layers in "1-click". example: making 8 LX trusses. I will make a new layer "LX1", increasing nr from 1 to 8.

The same goes for positions.

Fulgor likes this.
  2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Active Member

I like the concept but wonder how it be executed easily. some drawings I do spots as one layer other drawings I do fixture per layer depending on number of fixtures and or scale of drawing.

The make layer plus additional layers idea I do like. not sure how easy it would be to have added. you would need to say how many to include and if it's just one or two how much harder is it to just add one or two individuals to the file.

Positions I just use a template file with my usual position names included. or edit to suit the show needs.

I'm sure Cast guys will chime in if they see something that is worth looking at. they do note what is said in here and often do talk about the ideas thrown out in the public.

Jay.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

It could be an "auto layer" function. Like the functional where is a fixture group is made for each different fixture (split by position if you want). That way you don't have to use it each time.
    I imagine it could be useful to be able to choose a layer group, a prefix, a colour range and maybe more to make it really useful.

4. nilsfoss

nilsfoss New Member

By positions i mean hanging positions for hang structure. example: Truss LX1 thru 6 - Hang structure - position name.