1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

How do I use Rigging points ?

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Emiliano Morgia, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Emiliano Morgia

Emiliano Morgia New Member

Hello , what's the RIGGING POINTS are for ?

Thanks

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Emiliano,

This reply assumes that you are referring to the Rigging Points found in the Truss Library > Type > Rigging Points folder. The best use for these is to indicate the "hard" points in the ceiling of a venue (i.e. where the hooks from chain motors would be attached).

You may of course place them together with Truss or Pipes (and Grouping them with these), in order to indicate where chain motors are to be placed "along"/"within" these hang structures. This may be a bit unusual since the Objects Library contains Chain Motor objects that may be used for this purpose. Please note however that while Rigging Points are Truss items and can therefore appear in Reports, Chain Motors are simple objects and therefore cannot appear in Reports. Some users choose to work this way in order to be able to generate Chain Motor counts.

Since Rigging Points are Truss items, you may assign a Position (name) to them via their Properties > Hang Structure tab, once you've created these via the (Edit menu >) Position Manager. Since Position names can be anything you wish, and there is no limit to how many you can have, you could easily assign an individual name to each Rigging Point. Please note that weight information is currently not calculated for Rigging Points, but this is something we are hoping to be able to address in the future (though I cannot tell you when).

Cheers,

Dany