1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

How to set up a remote Background Rendering

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Floriaan, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

How do I set up a remote background rendering? I would like to run renders on the computer in my office, while being on the road or working on other stuff on my laptop.
    I can see how to do over a local network. But how to do it over remote ip?

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Is there anyone who could help me with this?

3. ShaunC

ShaunC New Member

Maybe try Log Me In Hamachi. It's an easy VPN setup, giving you LAN access between machines.

4. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

Interesting concept. The rendering engine does feel to be a side function of Wysiwyg. only thing I would not be sure of is how would you get around the dongle issue of one machine per dongle. as the rendering engine I assume is tied into the dlc and base core of wysiwyg still.

If it could run as a separate entity (render engine) then it open doors. also setting up the engine would be bit difficult as well since you will not be at the computer rendering. and the fact file sizes would come into play with internet transfers.

Jay

5. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Hi, I can confirm the Rendering engine runs without the dongle. For me it would be useful to make a design on my simple travel laptop, and make the renderings at home. I can retrieve the finalized renderings by using Teamviewer or RealVNC to push onto a Google Drive/Dropbox for the client.