1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

I-mag

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Martinus Magneson, May 9, 2018.

1. Martinus Magneson

Martinus Magneson New Member

Is there a reason for not being able to use other resolutions, and more importantly aspect ratios, with the I-mag camera?

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Martinus,

There is no issue here as far as I can tell. In the (mostly self-explaining) test file I attached here, the Camera on the left has a 1:1 Aspect Ratio (A/R), while the one on the right has a 2.35:1 A/R. The Screens are both 4m x 3m (and therefore have a 4:3 A/R); the Screen on the left is set to display the I-Mag "feed" from the 1:1 Camera, while the Screen on the right is set to display the I-Mag "feed" from the 2.35:1 Camera.

As you can see, the Screen on the left correctly-displays vertical bars (pillarbox), and the Screen on the left corectly-displays horizontal bars (letterbox), both in order for the image they display not to appear "stretched". If you change the dimensions of the left-side Screen to 4m x 4m (iow, an A/R of 1:1) the pillarbox disppears, as now, the Screen's A/R matches the Camera's A/R perfectly. Similarly, if you change the dimensions of the right-side Screen to 4.7m x 2m (iow, an A/R of 2.35:1) the letterbox disppears, because the Screen's A/R now perfectly-matches the Camera's A/R.

The only thing that would make your Screens not display the A/R properly is if you uncheck the Keep Aspect Ratio checkbox in the Screens' Properties > Screen tab.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Dany

Attached Files:

• AR.wyg
      File size:
      832.1 KB
      Views: