1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Importing Sketchup Models into R35

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Chris Mould, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Chris Mould

Chris Mould New Member

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to import a sketchup model into WYSIWYG but with no avail. I have tried both opening a new WYSIWYG window and copying and pasting and merging it into the show file. When I go to paste or add it into the file it shows the model until I click to locate it somewhere- this is when the model disappears. WYSIWYG seems to think there is something in this layer but in reality there is nothing - I was wandering if this was something to do with exceeding the amount of allowed polygons on wysiwyg?
    Thanks,

Chris

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

It looks like you are trying to put your objects on a layer that is not in the current scene or a layer that is switched to invisible (in the layers pane). I've had imported objects disappear as well and that turned out to be the problem.

3. Chris Mould

Chris Mould New Member

Thank you, but as far as I can see that doesn't seem to be the problem!

4. Firebrand

Firebrand Member

yeh, i had that today with one of my sketchup models. but with the other 10 or so i imported, there was no issue.
    when i clicked, it didn't import anything, and there was no "undo import" command in the edit menu either.
    it was like it just didn't import at all.
    not sure what my problem was, but i just selected a slightly different sketchup model and kept going :)

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried this in R36?

If the results are the same with R36, I suggest emailing t e c h s u p p o r t @ c a s t - s o f t . c o m with this issue; please include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--as this information would appear in CAST Software's database. (Note that in order to qualify for this type of support the Membership on your dongle must be current.)

Regards,