1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Insert shortcut of people&mannequins

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Floriaan, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

I think it would be helpful to be able to change the appearance of the people and mannequins in your shortcut side-bar. This way it would be possible to have the same figure in different clothes as a quick selection.

mldekker and Firebrand like this.
  2. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

Also it would be very useful to add people of colour to a rendering. I think it’s not very colourful in the people area of the library anyway.

Firebrand likes this.
  3. roygbiv

roygbiv Member

I agree!
    Also, I've requested a casual guy with hair(!) at Peter in the library department ;)

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

The ability to do this is part of a feature that we've been considering for a while now, essentially a Properties sidebar (a la AutoCAD), which eliminates the Properties window (and therefore the need to hit Apply after every change). The "development cost" (in terms of time) for this is pretty large though, so this is why we haven't given it the go-ahead yet; it is definitely not coming in R42, and likely not R43, but perhaps in R44 at the end of 2019. That's the best I can "promise" for now--although it is, of course, NOT a promise!

5. Floriaan

Floriaan Active Member

That would be great. Maybe in the mean time it would be good to add some more diversity into the library?