1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

insertables

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by ben, Dec 5, 2016.

1. ben

ben Active Member

Hello Thank you Danny to answer to my last post :http://forums.cast-soft.com/index.php?threads/merged-scene-problem.643/ but now I've new problems

You say me to merge or open insertable without any scene inside, but the probleme is, I forgot to purge and remove scene before create insertables, so How can I update insertables ?
    Where are they stored (in the insertables folder there is only the factory insertables...)

So I try to import insertbles, and clean it and create it back but I ve the message : try another name...

So how can I manage insertables ??? thankyou

Oups sorry I've found the answer the personal insertables are in the folder I've choose in preferences...
    So I will clean it, maybe this post will be useful for the other..

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Thanks Ben,

I just wanted to add a couple of notes here, for everyone's benefit, regarding Insertables:

1. They are really just .wyg files which are stored in the Insertables folder within the Default WYSIWYG Files Folder defined in Application Options > File Locations. This is where the Insertable is stored (i.e. where its .wyg file is saved) when it is Added (via the File menu in CAD mode).

2. They can be opened in WYSIWYG and modified as/if needed.

3. Deleting a .wyg file from the Insertables folder will automatically remove it from the Insertables list that appears once Insertables are accessed from the File menu (CAD mode).

I also wanted to mention that WYSIWYG's Purge command (found in CAD mode's File menu), which is what I believe you are referring to above, will not remove Scenes from a file. Purge will only ever remove things from the file which WYSIWYG deems not to be in use--such as empty Layers, Image Source files which are not used as textures, Hang Positions that have not been assigned to Hang Structures, Blocks that were imported from a CAD file but which have not actually been inserted into the model, and so on; therefore, Purge will not automatically remove Scenes from your file.

Hth,

D.

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

It might be useful to have an option during the Merge process to specify what you want to import into your file and what you don't want to import. I could see it being very useful to maybe only import your lay-outs, or only your layer structure without the scenes. Or even only the infamous Flightcase - if that thing still exists ;-)

4. ben

ben Active Member