1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Is there a way to used an older (rel 15) version on a windows 7 pro computer

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bruce wallace, Jul 4, 2017.

1. bruce wallace

bruce wallace New Member

tried running as xp compatible (build 3) but complains about directdraw and directx

2. Jason Gardash

Jason Gardash Member

Not to sound arrogant. But you should really upgrade or buy a new license. If asking about a few versions back (R30 - R36) then sure. But your asking about a version that has to be 10yrs out of date. And if I recall could be a hacked version as well. which is FROND upon here. Not saying it is one but someone asking about a version that old make one wonder. If it is legit. you will be missing a ton of features and fixture profiles with a R15 release. Think best move is call guys at Cast-soft and see about updating to current version.

Jason.

3. DrewAVM

DrewAVM New Member

Alternative way to look at it, ten years ago Bruce spent a LOT of money on a legit version of some software. Now he wants to use his paid for software to create some simple plans for a theatre. The theatre uses lots of generic lights, on a grid of pipes.

Bruces software would do the job beautifully still, if he could get it to work.

Bruce. I have no actual assistance for you, Windows is a muddy mess of rubbish, but if your software is legit, I hope you get it working. If it's not... see Jason...