1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Lamp coordinate

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by moltzen, Apr 22, 2014.

1. moltzen

moltzen New Member

Hi There

Is there any way to read out the coordinate of the lamps.

I need to send the info of a festival to a LD using MA3D and does not have WYG. Is there any way to do this ???

just a simple data sheet with lamp name and coordinate.

have a great day :)

// Mikkel

2. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

Sadly not, afaik.You'll have to do it yourself in maOnPc, or go through Vw Spotlight.

3. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,

Actually, a couple of Releases ago, we introduced a feature whereby the X, Y and Z coordinates of fixtures can be displayed both in DATA and PRES modes. These columns are not visible by default, but may be enabled from a Spreadsheet's View Options > Data View Options tab or a Report's View Options > Report tab. In both cases, you must scroll to the bottom of the Columns list to find them; a Report's Detail (level) must be set to 'Fixtures' or 'Fixtures and Accessories' in order for these columns to appear in the Columns list. Please see the screenshots I attached here for more details.

spreadsheet_view_options.jpg report_view_options.jpg

Hth,

Dany

4. Bhagat

Bhagat Member

I came across it once, but now I know what to use it for!
    Is there also a way to get the rotation over XYZ of a fixture in "real" space too?

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

No, but that's a great idea, Bhagat! :)

The only uncertainty here is how this will translate to real world rotations around the X, Y and Z axes: as you know, in WYSIWYG, fixtures are "rotated" based the hang structure they're hanging from (i.e. Pan/Tilt/Spin), and therefore, the rotation of the hang structure itself will have to be taken into consideration when displaying rotation around the actual axes. I am sure this is something that can be figured out though.. after all, computers are supposed to work out the math for us, are they not? hehehe

Anyway, I will add this to the list right now,

Dany