1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Layout view problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Briac, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Briac

Briac New Member

Hi!

When I insert an iso CAD item on a layout, my wysiwyg get so slow while my computer has no performance problem. What to do?

Thanks

Briac

2. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Briac,

If this is still an issue, please send your file to techsupport(at)cast(hyphen)soft(dot)com, and we will see what we can do. Please include the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered--as this information would appear in CAST Software's database. Note that in order to qualify for assistance with this issue, the Membership on your dongle may need to be current.

Regards,

3. Briac

Briac New Member

Hi Dany,

Did not see your answer till now... Still having the problem, will send the file!

Best regards

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

When 'illegal' Wyg users are so kind to file a bug in your software,please just solve the bugs for all other users too! I really don't understand you guys being so extremely protective of the software. It stands in the way of getting a better experience, stands in the way of growth and it slows software development.
    Best regards, a Wyg user from version 3!

5. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Floriaan,

It is always great to have users reporting issues they’ve discovered, so we can investigate and fix them. We agree that a bug is a bug, regardless of whether it comes from an 'illegal' user, as you say, or a 'legal' one (i.e. a paying customer).

That said, we require anyone contacting Tech Support to provide credentials in order to ensure that our support resources are utilized adequately, i.e. helping our paying customers before anyone else. This is part of what that payment goes to, and I suspect that 'legal' customers expect this. (In addition, I can only imagine that they also appreciate knowing that they are given preferential status over someone who steals the software...)

You are one such paying customer, so I am curious: do you not at least expect such preferential status?

Regards,

Firebrand likes this.
  6. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

Dear Dany,

Thanks for your thoughts. First of all, I am all for open source development (to a certain degree). Having said that, I don't mind certain bugs being looked into earlier then others. As you don't update your software each and every time a bug is fixed, this doesn't really matter. I expect the most severe bugs to be fixed first, or the bugs that pop-up on the forums the most. That is why I would encourage everybody to post as much as possible on the forums and to communicate in public with them about the problems they experience. This way you can actively poll how many users have the same problem. The more active users you have on the forums, the more the software will get used in the end and the more end-users are involved in making your product better. It results in the feeling of ownership.
    I do agree that it can be a nuisance for a software company to come across illegal users that don't pay for all the work you do, but that is why you should have those users work extra hard for you, having them to report as many bugs or user request as they can. That way they are at least to some use of your company ;-) Those users by the way are likely to be students or people that want to try-out the software before the invest, that will pay in the end (or when the prices come down a little bit).

In short, I think that the fixing of bugs should be prioritized by you, but reported by as many of us as possible.

Best,

Floriaan

7. Briac

Briac New Member

So... I sent a message to tech support nearly a week ago, still have no answer... Last time same thing, no response... "this was holidays"! Wonderfull!!!! We pay 4000€ per year for 4 dongles for technical support... WHERE IS IT????? If you advertise that all your ressources are kept for official users, then do your job!
    HELLO CAST, WAKE UP!!!!

A sick "official multi account" user

Regards.

Briac

8. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Briac,

Today we are indeed closed for Good Friday, which is a Statutory Holiday in Canada.

We have received no emails or cases from you in the past week. I just checked our Junk Mail folder too, just in case. Did you submit your support case via the Members Only Area? If so, please send me the Case number that would have been emailed you once you had finished creating the case... if you did not receive an email with the case number, then something must have gone wrong and your case did not get created. I looked through our cases for the last two weeks, and do not see any from you.

If your case was urgent and/or if you did not receive a confirmation that your case was created and/or you didn't receive a reply within 24 hours, I can't help but wonder why you didn't call us or follow up with an email earlier. Regardless, if you would like to email us, I will be happy to have a look at the issue you experiencing and, if I can, help you. I will not be able to do this immediately, but if I see your email upon my return home (in about four or five hours from now) I read and reply.

Thank you and apologies for this inconvenience.

9. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, I am home now (indeed later than expected due to car trouble) but I see no messages from you, either here or in my mailbox or in the tech support mailbox. I will check again in the morning and if you send something I will do my best to assist you. However, I will be leaving the city around noon for the Easter holiday and will not be back until late Monday night; I will not be able to see anything you send me while away. I therefore recommend that you send an email about the issue you are experiencing to our tech support address so someone can help you out first thing Monday morning.

Cheers,

Dany

10. Dany

Dany Administrator
    Staff Member

Still nothing from you Briac... Please let me know how I can help you.