1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Ledstrip in Wyg for simulation

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by saisai, Aug 24, 2016.

1. saisai

saisai New Member

Hi all,

I'm lloking for a basic Ledstrip who simulate RGB color and dimmer in Wyg...
    Is there a library yet implemented.?? i can't find anything.
    I try with a line with Light emission activated..is great but there is no lighting flow on it in Shaded view.
    If someone have a solution or a workaround.
    Many thanks
    saisai

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Saisai,

Try to use a single-row or single-column LED Wall for this purpose (which you draw with the LED Wizard). If not, you may submit a request to our Libraries Development Department to create the actual fixture you require; to submit the request, login to the Members Only Area and click the Contact our Library Department link.

Regards,

3. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

I think this could be added as a generic fixture. Like the bare-bulb strip.

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Sorry, but probably not, as there would probably be, literally, hundreds of permutations to consider, and therefore hundreds of different generic fixtures to be added to the Library... How many LEDs? Is one "cluster" enough? If not, how many clusters are needed--two, three, four, six, ten, twenty, fifty? How many colour combinations (RGB, RGBW, RGBWA, etc., etc.) should be considered? And how many different colour combination "orders" (RGB vs GBR vs BRG, WRGB vs RGBW, RGBWA vs RGBAW vs WRGBA vs ARGBW vs AWRGB vs WARGB)? Are we to offer individual control for each cluster, or are every two clusters to be grouped together--or every three, or every four? .... And this is just barely "scratching the surface".

So what it comes down to is how could we possibly anticipate every potential permutation--and why would we want to, when the LED Wizard is there to provide a "custom" solution for every such permutation? If the LED Wizard is lacking in some way, if it does (or doesn't) do something properly, we would rather spend time fixing or improving it.

Regards,

5. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

That is a fair point. I can see the problem. Maybe there a few solutions.
    1. just add a few useful lengths (like bare bulb strips) and let us change the "lamp type" in RGB, RGBW, RGBA, RGBWA, WW, CW and Tunable white. You can then make longer lights simply by adding a few lengths.
    2. Put a few mounting options and options for opal frost, etc. to the led screen feature
    3. Make the light emitting surface a bit more sophisticated (and make sure you can control it in Design and Perform mode, as well as in Calculated Renders from the BRM)