1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Legend Wizard

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by roygbiv, Jun 4, 2014.

1. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Had a hard time finding the Legend Wizard, but I found it at last. I'm wondering why it has to be this many clicks to edit names and colors etc.

Instead of having to press edit symbol on a per fixture type basis, I would love to just be able to edit the fields directly in the Wizard Screen.

And other than that, a good feature would be to add ability to add Layer Color if you have one fixture type in one layer (with one color) and the other fixtures in other layers with other colors.

Hope these messages today isn't recognized as spam ;)
    -Haven't used the Presentation mode with the New Plots and Legends in a long time, and I do find it heavy to work with from time to time, as another thread from the last few days suggest ...

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi again Bo,

We want to update the Legend Wizard in Release 34 as well, but since we haven't started planning this version yet, I cannot tell you at this point if this will happen or not. An update would include a complete overhaul of the Legends feature, and your requests above, as well as all others that we have received from other customers, will be considered.

Cheers,

Dany

3. ben

ben Active Member

Hello, I've a problem with legend in release r34:
    the fixture inserted on the floor don't appears!!! :confused:
    Is a know bug or is something new to do in r34 to view the fixture on the floor (there is no problem in the precedent version... )
    So now I've to do as before (insert the fixtures on a "virtual" pipe...)

4. Syeda Arafa Sulaiman

Syeda Arafa Sulaiman Super Moderator

Unfortunately fixtures placed on the floor not appearing in legends is a known issue and will be fixed for the WYSIWYG Release 34 Update. Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. As a temporary workaround, I would suggest hanging the fixture from a pipe and making the pipe invisible by setting its transparency to 100 % in its Appearance settings. You can then rotate the pipe so that the fixture faces upwards and align the pipe with the floor.

Regards,

Syeda Arafa Sulaiman

CAST Software-Technical Support

5. ben

ben Active Member

ok thank's I'm waiting the update...

6. Wolf Wallace

Wolf Wallace New Member

I realize that this is an old thread, but it seemed the most appropriate.

Is there a way in the legend to resize the icon of the fixture, aside from resizing the entire item?
    Is there a way to reduce the grid size so there is not as much dead space around the words within each cell?