1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Light Emitting Objects - No blue?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Casey, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Casey

Casey New Member

Hey Everyone,
    I have some semi-transparent objects in a set that will be lit internally with RGB LED's and will be painted various colors. Think... plastic ball with RGB LED's on the inside but the ball itself is purple. So, to create this in WYG I created a sphere and enabled RGB light emission. Then I changed the appearance of the sphere to my custom purple color by creating a purple image in photoshop and applying it as an image source. This allowed the sphere to be purple and emit the proper RGB LED color filtered THROUGH the purple. Works great except one thing... I'm not getting any control and/or output from the blue channel. Red and green work great and color mix properly with the overlaying purple image but no blue. Any ideas? Am I alone out here in the weeds?

Thanks!
    -CR

2. Syeda Arafa Sulaiman

Syeda Arafa Sulaiman Super Moderator

Hello Casey,

In order for us to assist you, please send the file you have been working on as well as the Serial Code of the dongle you are using, along with the name, email address and company name of the person to whom this dongle is registered to techsupport@cast-soft.com. Please note that this information must match the information that appears in CAST Software's database for the dongle.

Also, please include in the email the console you have been using, a description on how you are mixing the colours, and the image you are applying to the sphere.

Regards,

Syeda Arafa Sulaiman

CAST Software-Technical Support