1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Lining Up CAD Views

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by DrewAVM, Sep 26, 2017.

1. DrewAVM

DrewAVM New Member

When creating document layouts for printing I often want to show three different views of the same truss (Plan, Front, Side) to show how it's constructed. This is especially useful if it's a complex truss structure such as a ground support with legs.

I can't seem to find a good way of creating a layout with these three different views on the same page and also keep them lined up neatly. This stems from the window where you drag the CAD view around to get the section you want in focus. Can this snap to a grid?

Any help much appreciated.

2. Michael Ang

Michael Ang Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Drew,

I'm assuming you're referring to the "Open Contents" window, which opens a popup of the CAD Layout Item. You cannot snap to a grid in this view. If you want to show each truss view neatly aligned, one way to do this is by doing the following:
    (1) Go to CAD and create a new Layer containing only the truss you wish to view in Layouts
    (2) Create a Scene only containing that Layer
    (3) Go to Layouts, open the "Content Properties" of the CAD Layout Items and select the Scene you created
    (4) Change the Printing Scale to "Fit" for it as well
    (5) Do this to the other 2 CAD Layout Items showing the different views of the same truss.

Hope this helps,
    Michael