1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

measuring truss

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by ben, Jun 3, 2016.

1. ben

ben Active Member

Hello Is a way to have the real truss measure , not from beginning till end but between 2 truss with the diameter of the tube... center f to center is 4.47m but between tube is 4.42m...
    thank you !!!
    dim truss.JPG

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. We are well-aware of this shortcoming, and are working on fixing it. A somewhat "temporary" solution will be available with the upcoming R37, and we are hoping to be able to develop a proper solution in R38.

Sorry for the inconvenience I am sure this is causing. :(

Dany

3. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

I've reported this directly to Dino as well not too long ago. I've tried R37 beta and can't think of your solution, so what do you see as the temporary solution?

4. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Bo,

What I was referring to was not in the BETA--the code for this was only written last week (literally). :)

Dany

5. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Wow very good! If you need someone to test it, please let me know - I have several files where I needed to count in the pipe width :)
    Looking forward to this!!

6. Dino

Dino Dino Mazza | Product Manager | CAST Software

Hi Bo,

What Dany referred to in his previous post is an additional Dimension enhancement which was completed after the R37 Beta, introducing a new text box in the Properties of a Linear Dimension, allowing you to specify the text you wish to display with your Dimension.

This is not directly a fix for the truss dimensioning issue you reported, but a new option that can be used as a workaround when necessary, and as a general solution, this will also delivers some flexibility that will be helpful for other use cases.

I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

DisplayedLength.png

Thanks,
    Dino

7. roygbiv

roygbiv Active Member

Hah, I see - well that's a clever workaround - it will work in some instances, I'd think.
    Seems like an easy fix and I can use that for now. The drawing will seem more "correct", however not in the correct scale. I'll look forward to using it :)

Good job, guys

8. ben

ben Active Member

Often I know the distance I've to mesure , if not I mesure it, and after I use the dimension tool, snap it to the begining, give the direction and I put the dimension with the keyboard the end of the dimension is not exactly the end of the truss but the dimension is the real one between element and not from axe to axe...