1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

media server and wyg on same computer

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ben, Dec 27, 2014.

1. ben

ben Member

Hello.
    To prepare my show I've one pc with the lighting desk simulator, and a second one with wyg r34 and an arkaos mediamaster pro in demo mode...
    For my next project I've 5 led screen, and to loose less time as possible, I want to configure video mapper on the five led screen in wyg. I know I can use the citp streaming as video input in wyg, but unfortunately arkaos can only send a preview (144p*144p) by msex and only one at a time... (And with video mapper I ll use maybe 6 "virtual" output...)
    I know with arkaos and wyg on 2 separate computers and with an input video card I can select it in wyg and split the signal in it...
    But is a way to do the same with arkaos and wyg on the same computer, maybe with a plugin who take the video output and turn it into a video input ?
    We can easily do it with sound...

thanx

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Ben,

I know of no software that will do what you are looking for here--we certainly do not make anything like that, I am very sorry. I understand that this is possible with sound, and this may even be possible to do with streaming video (i.e. an actual VIDEO stream, from a video server such as VLC, PLEX, and so on) but what you are after is a different matter altogether, since this is a CITP/MSEX stream, so anything like this would have to be developed by Capture Sweden, the creators of CITP.

Am I correct to assume that you do not want to split the video because the 144x144 resolution is very small to begin with, so the "splits" would end up being so small as to be (almost) useless? If so, you may wish to check with ArKaos if a higher-resolution CITP/MSEX output is available from them, perhaps in a purchased version. I mention this because as of Release 33, WYSIWYG can accept CITP/MSEX frames (in JPEG format) of up to 400x400 pixels, which is a more acceptable resolution to split apart.

That is all I can think of, with my rather-limited experience in these matters, but maybe someone else will be able to offer something more..

Cheers,

Dany