1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Moving light edge in Live

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by jwaite, Apr 28, 2014.

1. jwaite

jwaite New Member

Hello, I was wondering if ML edge is supported in live mode. I have been designing one of our rooms at the center I work at in R32. The properties tab for VL2500 Spot says "edge function is not simulated". We also have VL100TS lights, the properties tab does not have that same verbiage. I have also tried several other ML's with the same results, no control over edge. I have tested from ETC offline as-well-as an ION, the patch is set for EDMX. Anyone with hopefully good news?

Thanks
    Jeff Waite
    Technical Coordinator
    AT&T Performing Arts Center

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hello Jeff,

As per my reply to your email that you sent to our tech support address on Wednesday...

[HR][/HR]I am assuming that by "edge functions" you are referring to the blurring of the edge of a moving light's beam footprint--i.e. "throwing it out of focus". If so, I am very sorry, but this is something that WYSIWYG can simulate yet, or at least not in Live mode. We have this on our list of things to implement, but it is not something that we are able to add in the upcoming Release 33 (due in the summer).

However, out-of-focus beams/footprints edges ARE simulated for all conventional fixtures in all modes, and in Design mode for moving lights. For more information on how to enable and use these features effectively, please read through the following tip: http://www.cast-soft.com/wysiwyg/tip/view/using-footprint-focus.
    [HR][/HR]

Cheers,

Dany