1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Moving scenery vs press layout

Discussion in 'wysiwyg' started by Lars Jacob Pedersen, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Lars Jacob Pedersen

Lars Jacob Pedersen New Member

Hi There
    is it somehov possible to get the press layout to adapt /update the various positions of scenery created with moving scenery tool in design mode?
    in this case i have six light dollys with at truss totem + various fixtures, the idea is to create 3-4 looks with various positions for the dolly's. and i would like to be able to make a lauyout with each position?

2. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

It is not possible to do that, but this could be a good feature request. I would like to add to that the possibility to choose either 0% or 100% of the movement trajectory as a default for the layouts in pres.

For now as a workaround you could make a New Plot for each state you need to show and move the objects by hand.

#2 Floriaan, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  3. Lars Jacob Pedersen

Lars Jacob Pedersen New Member

I found another workaraound, In design mode - wireframe i make screendumps from the different positions / looks. and afterwards insert them as an image in layouts.

4. Floriaan

Floriaan Well-Known Member

That should also work great! Even better if you temporarily set your cad background to white.

5. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

Hi Lars Jacob,

That is indeed the only way to do this for now and the foreseeable future. Floriaan's suggestion to set your Design (or Live) Wireframes' Background to white, so it matches what you see in Layouts, is definitely a good one.

Cheers,

Dany