1. Welcome to CAST's newly designed and improved Forum

Dismiss Notice

Open GL

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Neil, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Neil

Neil New Member

Hello - I'm building a machine that purely for Vivien to run. I've checked the system requirements on the Cast site, and it says " High Performance Visualization Requirements: To obtain the highest graphics level offered by Deferred Rendering with Enhanced Visualization, your video card must support OpenGL 3.3."

My question is if i had a higher level OpenGL of say 4 would this create any problems?

Many thanks in advance,

Neil

2. Dany

Dany Super Moderator

None at all, Neil.

You may also wish to read our Hardware Guide... While it focuses on our other software WYSIWYG, I am sure will still provide valuable insight into picking the right components for your workstation, especially since it will be dedicated to Vivien. (I am not sure what kind of "power" you are looking for, but for Vivien only, you should not need top-end hardware since you are not performing any type of live simulation; for example, you certainly should not require an 'Extreme Edition' i7 CPU, as a standard i7 or even an i5, either Skylake or Haswell, will be quite perfect for Vivien.) Here is the hardware guide: http://www.cast-soft.com/wysiwyg/tip/view/selecting-hardware-for-a-wysiwyg-workstation.

Cheers,

3. Neil

Neil New Member

Hello Dany - thank you very much for the information. It proved really useful along with the link.

New equipment/hardware on its way!

Thanks again Dany,

Neil